четверг, 11 июня 2015 г.


Hello everyone! 

I'm one of the participants of Outreachy program, Round 10. So the next few months I will describe my work on the project "Pants plugin wizard". I have never written blog posts before, so I'm not good at it yet, but I'll do my best to make it interesting :)

As it can be concluded from the project's name, my aim is to design and develop a wizard for Pants plugin for IntelliJ IDEA

"What is it - Pants?"- you'll probably ask. In a nutshell, Pants is a build system for software. It works particularly well for a source code workspace containing many distinct but interdependent pieces. It is similar to make, Maven, Ant, Gradle, sbt, etc.; but it pursues different design goals.
Pants optimizes for:
  • building multiple, dependent things from source
  • building code in a variety of languages
  • speed of build execution
A Pants build "sees" only the target it's building and the transitive dependencies of that target. This approach works well for a big repository containing several things.

So here we go :) 

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий